LBBC Baskerville's corrosion testing autoclaves have been designed and manufactured, primarily for the oil and gas industry. The equipment can also be used in a number of other industries to simulate high pressure, high temperature (HPHT) environments such as nuclear, geothermal, carbon capture and storage, energy, defence, pharmaceutical and many more industries. The system has been designed to suit both industry and academic
The autoclave’s primary use is to evaluate material, coating or inhibitor performance, corrosion failure analysis in the form of weight loss coupons or electrochemical studies in aggressive high pressure (HP) and high temperature (HT) environments representative of the conditions found in the field throughout the oil and gas industry.
- High levels of built in safety: impossible to open autoclave whilst pressurised
- Ease of use and handling: one bolt fast release open/closure and lifting/lowering system
- Modular in design: vessel stand (suitable for fume cupboards), vessel design and optional features
- Enhanced process control: minimise heat-up time and pre-corrosion
- Corrosion monitoring system available: built-in electrochemistry and potentiostat
- Corrosion expertise: ongoing technical support throughout the product life